The Children’s Ministry committee coordinates Christian education and faith formation for birth through 5th grade. This includes Sunday school, Children’s Church during the worship hour, Lenten and Wednesday night programs, Vacation Bible School, Route 45, a youth group for 4th and 5th graders, and Parents’ Night Out. Our goal is to provide a broad range of activities and classes for children and their families that will allow them to experience God’s love and grace, grow as faithful disciples of Jesus Christ, be open to the leading of the Holy Spirit, and identify their gifts for serving God through the Church and the community of faith.
With God’s help, we work to:
- Create a welcoming environment where children feel safe, comfortable, and loved.
- Open the pages of scripture with the children so they can meet God there, learn who they are as children of God and disciples of Jesus Christ, and find their place in God’s ongoing story of grace.
- Engage children in a variety of ways, mindful of different learning styles and behavioral challenges.
- Teach children that laughter and joy are part of the Christian faith by ensuring that classes and activities, Bible studies and service projects are also opportunities for fellowship and fun.
- Teach children the importance of being part of a faith community as they mature in their understanding of their relationship with God and find new ways to express what they believe and why.
To learn more or discuss our Children's Ministry at OPPC, contact Trish Lisa.