Orchard Park Presbyterian Church (OPPC) has been in existence since 1956, which means we will be celebrating our 63rd anniversary in 2019.
In 1955, two gentleman – Dick Helmuth and Al Porteous – began a campaign to establish a Presbyterian church on the northside of Indianapolis near Carmel. They were able to recruit several members who agreed with them and on January 15, 1956, 116 people signed up as members of the church creating what is now known as Orchard Park Presbyterian Church.
OPPC is one of over 9,000 congregations in the Presbyterian Church (USA), and ranks among the top two percent in size. In fact, we are the fourth largest Presbyterian Church in the State of Indiana! Learn more about PCUSA.
Regardless of our size, though, the members of OPPC are committed to becoming disciples of Jesus by being connected with others - inside and outside our walls - to further Christ’s kingdom.
Blessed by God's love, the Orchard Park Family seeks to grow in our faith, and to reach out with the Good News of Jesus Christ. Listen to recent sermons from our worship services.