The Task Force met Monday, November 1st. We have adopted the following new policy for Orchard Park Presbyterian Church effective Nov 2, 2021.
- The current protocols for Sunday mornings shall remain in place.
- During the remainder of the week for Orchard Park led groups and outside groups using our facilities, masks are recommended, but not required. Groups may bring food and drinks into the building if they so choose.
The current policy in place is:
(1) Mask wearing in common areas and the sanctuary,
(2) No food, but drink containers may be brought into the church and taken out;
(3) For groups currently meeting at the church, OPPC led and non-OPPC led (only Al-Anon and related organizations at this time), if all agree and if all are vaccinated, masks may be removed; (4) Beginning Sept. 7, non OPPC groups may begin scheduling meetings:
(5) Both OPPC and non-OPPC led groups are to follow whatever rules are currently in place.
Due to the surge in Covid-19 cases, increased hospitalizations, the Delta variant, and our Christian duty to protect the most vulnerable in our society (primarily children who cannot be vaccinated), we are keeping the above policies in place until further notice. We meet on a regular basis too consider changes, if any. As you are well aware, this novel virus presents a very fluid situation which changes from day to day.
Now for some good news. Bibles and Hymnals are back in the pews. Children's Service has also resumed. These are things for which we can be thankful. Our Task Force appreciates your patience, understanding, and cooperation. Our primary objective has been to keep people safe so that we can worship as a community in Christ.
Re-Entry Task Force