Orchard Park hosts a professional counselor at OPPC for church members. It’s our pleasure to introduce to you Kristie Watts. Kristie is a licensed therapist and currently works as a Christian Counselor at Groff and Associates. She uses office space at OPPC to provide counseling here once a week.
Kristie specializes in adolescents, parent/child relationships, grief and loss and perinatal mood disorders.
In addition to counseling she will be providing grief support groups and workshops for youth and families in the coming year.
This idea came from many different directions throughout the church as people voiced a need for grief support in our congregation, requests for a trusted counselor and a need to support adolescents and families.
Through the support of memorial funds and the Crossways Endowment, we will be able to offset individual counseling fees on a sliding scale.
Learn more about Kristie and her practice.
- Adolescents (12-17): anxiety, depression, school performance, friendship struggles, parental relationships
- Parent/Child Relationships: coaching on positive communication and interaction, restructuring of behaviors and connection, developing coping skills, increasing overall satisfaction of relationship
- Grief/Loss: navigation, education, support, structure
- Pregnancy and Postpartum Struggles: Perinatal mood disorders (Postpartum depression, anxiety, OCD, etc), plan for recovery, community support
- Ten years working with individuals, couples, and families
- Perinatal Mood Disorders: Components of Care
- Tier III Trained Star Behavioral Health Provider– Military
- Training in Evidence-Based Theory for Treatment of PTSD
- Flexible Access Clinical Training (FACT A) in Imago Relationship Therapy
- Prepare/Enrich Certified (Premarital Inventory)